Deadline: 05 October 2020
Open to: university students, civil activists, engaged artists, media workers, individuals, formal or non-formal groups
Benefits: all costs are covered by the organizers
Transformers (Civic Activism – Art for Social Change) is a project that aims to encourage active civic involvement of citizens using artistic, cultural, and educational techniques. Through this project they want to contribute to a more creative and inclusive public space and to a more effective participation of local communities in public life.
Transformers aims to enable people from local communities to reflect on relevant issues, to create a culture of opening a public social space and to facilitate mutual exchange in an intercultural and creative process.
By strengthening the role of arts and creative approaches, through working together, getting trained, debating and dealing with socio-political issues in our society, we want to bridge divisions and to create synergies between different regions of North Macedonia and the Balkans; at the same time bridging the division between civic organizations and state.
The program invites you to become part of Transformers – an exciting group of people ready to make changes in the local communities where they live and function. Are you ready to embark on a journey that will bring you new knowledge, experiences, a wider network, and much more? Do you dare to transform and engage in civic activities?
They are looking for people of 18 years and above who are ready to join the project. You will get trained, practice your knowledge, and afterwards organize transformative actions inspired by topics closely related to you and the places where you live and function, reanimating abandoned spaces, engaging your communities and giving new meaning to what a common space is and should be – all done by your own initiative, supported all the way by the mentors and the project team.
If you get selected, you will have the chance to attend the training (all expenses covered), work together with like-minded, creative and inspirational young people from different backgrounds, and have the chance to contribute with your personal ideas in implementing several transformative actions in your local community.
During the training you will gain knowledge for the usage of various artistic and educational tools and get trained to use them in benefit of civic, urban and creative activism, contributing to the engagement of more youngsters and peers for this purpose.
Right after the training you will have the chance to attend a creative civic activism festival held in Tetovo and get to know artists from different countries and their various approaches to strive for social change.
*Given the situation created by the COVID-19 pandemic the training will be held according to the protocol provided by the government of the Republic of North Macedonia.
The call is open for university students, civil activists, engaged artists, media workers, individuals, formal or non-formal groups coming from #WB6: NMK, AL, KS, BiH, MNE and SRB.
– age over 18,
– interest in community activism, artivism (previous experience is valued),
– interest in working with different forms of art (photography, video production, street art, painting, poetry slam, performances, etc.) and intercultural education,
– interest in volunteering and contributing to local communities,
– fluency in English is valued
– currently living in North Macedonia or the Balkans region countries,
– motivation and commitment to create and be part of a sustainable group of people, working further together, with the power to multiply the gained knowledge and skills, and to create a network of like-minded peers,
– availability to attend the training in Ohrid, North Macedonia in the period from 08 – 13.10.2020,
– motivated to implement transformative actions in the period (15th of October – December 2020)
All costs are covered by the organizers.
Please read the open call in order to apply or read more infromation.