Deadline: 6 March 2020
Open to: citizens of a developing country pursuing full-time studies
Benefits: up to USD 21,000 per year
Today, the need for globally-oriented practitioners and researchers is growing rapidly. GSEP’s one-of-a-kind scholarship program fosters the next generation of energy, climate, and electricity sector specialists who will be prepared to tackle the challenges of the future.
GSEP has awarded 125 scholarships since the inception of the program in 2001.
To be eligible for this scholarship, prospective applicants must:
- Undertake master’s-level studies in the fields of zero-carbon energy, smart grids, electric transportation, energy storage, advanced electricity technologies, public policy, economics, law, political science, or other relevant fields
- Eligible applicants must be pursuing full-time studies for at least one full school year (two or three semesters), beginning in autumn 2020. Students in the second year of a two-year program are eligible to apply, provided that they meet this requirement.
- Be a citizen of a developing country/territory
- Be committed to returning to their home country after their studies to contribute to its development
- Be an outstanding student:
- Graduates with excellent grades in the top 20% of their class
- Is committed to zero-carbon energy development
- Has a history of community involvement
- Is determined to advance their knowledge and understanding
- Up to USD 21,000 per year (max. two years);
- The scholarship is tenable at any university. GSEP encourages the application of students pursuing studies in universities of the global South.
How to Apply?
To apply and for more information, please visit the official website.