Deadline: 1 November 2019
Open to: anyone interested in poster creation
Awards: USD 500 prize
The Composting Council Research and Education Foundation is a catalyst for the advancement of composting technologies, practices, and beneficial uses that support resource conservation and economic and environmental sustainability. The philanthropic arm of the US Composting Council, the Foundation positively impacts communities locally and globally by:
– Fostering scientific research opportunities;
– Increasing awareness and educating the public;
– Advancing the stature and practices of the composting industry.
International Compost Awareness Week (ICAW) is the largest and most comprehensive education initiative of the compost industry. It is celebrated nationwide and in other countries each year during the first full week of May. The goal of the program is to raise the awareness of the public regarding the benefits of using compost to improve or maintain high-quality soil, to grow healthy plants, reduce the use of fertilizer and pesticides, improve water quality and protect the environment. The program includes a poster contest, programs at schools and activities and events promoted through governments, public municipalities and local businesses nationwide. Each year a theme is chosen. The theme for ICAW 2019 is Cool the Climate – Compost!
– Only one entry per person;
– Size is no more than 12” wide X 18” high (this is in inches);
– Resolution is 300 dpi in jpg format;
– Poster contains the theme title, Soil Loves Compost;
– Poster contains the words International Compost Awareness Week, May 3 – 9, 2020;
– Do not add additional words to your poster. Only the theme title and International Compost Awareness Week, May 3 – 9, 2020 are allowed. Any changes to those words or additions will automatically eliminate your entry.
– If you have a photograph as part of your poster, please confirm that either you took the photo or you have obtained legal rights to use the photo.
The winning poster will receive USD 500 and it will serve as the promotional piece to share in the United States the 2020 International Compost Awareness Week theme (ICAW is celebrated in other countries, some using a different theme see sidebar).
You must complete the online entry form application and checklist, and submit your poster online. Please include a short paragraph on why you chose to participate in ICAW 2020 and explanation of your poster concept.
Before submitting, read the rules here.
For more information, please visit the official web page.