Deadline: 30 October 2019
Open to: individual or group of artisans
Award: 50,000 EUR
The LOEWE Craft Prize seeks to acknowledge and support international artisans of any age (over 18) or gender who demonstrate an exceptional ability to create objects of superior aesthetic value. By identifying work that reinterprets existing knowledge to make it relevant today while reflecting its maker’s personal language and distinct hand, the LOEWE FOUNDATION aims to highlight the continuing contribution of craft to the culture of our time.
Your work must:
– demonstrates artistic intent in addition to technical proficiency;
– is an original piece, handmade or partly handmade;
– is recently created (in the last five years), and one-of-a-kind, and has not won any prizes previously;
– is innovative, in the sense that it updates tradition;
– falls within an area of the applied arts, such as ceramics, bookbinding, enamelwork, jewellery, lacquer, metal, furniture, leather, textiles, glass, paper, wood, etc.
The Prize for the winning entry is 50,000 EUR. The winning work selected by the Jury, as well as the works of the finalists selected by the Experts Panel will be included in an exhibition and accompanying catalogue “LOEWE Craft Prize 2020”, on view in Paris.
Read the Rules of Entry and make sure you comply with all requirements. All participants must be professional artisans 18 years or older. Entries may be made by an individual or collective (as a ‘group submission’). All nationalities are welcome.
You need 2 to 5 photographs of the work (or series) and optionally a video.
Write a brief conceptual statement about the work.
In order to apply, please fill the application.
For more information, please visit the official web page.