Deadline: 30 April 2020
Open to: anyone with an interest in photography through the microscope
Awards: cash awards
The Nikon Small World Competition is open to anyone with an interest in photography through the microscope. Truly international in scope, entries have been received from the United States, Canada, Europe, Australia, Latin America, Asia, and Africa. Winners have included both professionals and hobbyists.
Anyone over the age of 18 is eligible, with the exception of employees of Nikon, their families, the contest judges, and individuals engaged in the manufacture or sale of microscopes, related accessories or photographic equipment.
- Former first prizewinners are ineligible to win first prize in the three contests immediately following the contest they won, but can win other prizes;
- Any image that has won any other photomicrography competition is not eligible;
- Photomicrographs must be taken using a light microscope, such as one of the Nikon series of microscopes. All types of light microscopy and specimens are acceptable. Electron and any other microscopes that do not capture imagery using optical light technology are not permitted;
- Each entrant may submit up to three images in each contest for judging. A completed and signed official entry form, facsimile, or complete Internet entry form must be used. A separate entry form must be used for Small World and Small World in Motion;
- Entries must be received no later than April 30, 2020. Entries received after that date will be automatically rolled in to the following year’s competition.
- Please send correspondence to Nikon’s Small World Competition, Nikon Instruments Inc., 1300 Walt Whitman Road, Melville, NY 11747-3064 USA or email [email protected].
Top 20 prize winners are selected and ranked by Small World Judges.
- 1st Prize – USD 3,000
- 2nd Prize – USD 2,000
- 3rd Prize – USD 1,000
- 4th Prize – USD 800
- 5th Prize – USD 600
- 6th Prize – USD 400
- 7th-10th Prizes – USD 300 each
- 11th-20th Prizes – USD 200 each
- Honorable Mentions – USD 100 each
- Images of Distinction – Nikon Backpack (or equivalent)
More details about the program and benefits here.
How to apply?
In order to apply, please register here.
For more information please visit the official webpage.