Deadline: 25 June 2019
Open to: Еuropean citizens
Benefits: salary will depend on the candidate’s experience
The European Institute for Gender Equality in Vilnius, Lithuania is organizing a call for applications with a view to establishing a reserve list for the post of Procurement Assistant. The Institute collects and analyses comparable and reliable information at EU level and develops appropriate methodological tools for the integration of gender equality into all EU policies. Reporting to the Head of Administration and working closely with the Procurement Officer and different project managers, the Procurement Assistant shall contribute to, and facilitate the development, implementation and monitoring of the Institute’s procurement function in line with its annual procurement plan.
The responsibilities include the following:
- Support the initiation, coordination and management of procurement procedures in line with work planning priorities;
- Support in ensuring the timely implementation of the annual procurement plan;
- Assist project managers across the Institute with the management of calls for tender as well as contract administration including extensions, renewals and amendments as well as with compliance vis a vis relevant rules and regulations;
- Assist with requests for services and order forms for ongoing framework contracts, calls for expression of interest for experts and other routine administrative tenders;
- Keep track administratively of procedural information in an organised and accessible manner;
- Contribute to the improvement of procurement processes, templates and guidelines;
- Act as initiating agent for commitments and payments ensuring the legality and regularity of related financial transactions;
- Support on the job training (including training sessions) of other colleagues in procurement matters;
- Provide support in dealing with the data protection, intellectual property rights and access to documents matters;
- Implement other relevant tasks assigned by the Head of Administration and the Procurement Officer.
Engagement as a Contract Agent requires:
- a post-secondary education attested by a diploma or a secondary education attested by a diploma giving access to post-secondary education plus appropriate professional experience of three years;
- EU Member State nationality;
- a good command, both spoken and written, of at least two official EU languages;
- entitlement to full rights as a citizen;
- no obligations imposed by national laws concerning military service;
- medically certified fitness to perform duties linked to the post.
- at least one year experience in public procurement;
- a good knowledge of administrative and procurement procedures and guidelines;
- excellent knowledge of English, the predominant working language of the Institute;
- Knowledge of financial and procurement rules and procedures applicable to EU institutions and bodies, by training or experience;
- Experience in the area of EU public procurement processes within EU institutions/bodies;
- Previous exposure to international and/or multicultural work environments;
- Awareness of and support for gender equality.
- a high level of IT literacy and familiarity with relevant software applications;
- the ability to work in a problem-solving manner and to learn and work in a proactive, autonomous way;
- a team player who is self-critical towards her/his own performance and shares learning and information as part of a multicultural and multidisciplinary organization;
- the mind-set to be attentive to detail and to see through to conclusion specific tasks;
- the ability to work under pressure and within tight deadlines ensuring that deadlines and quality standards are met.
The pay of a Contract Agent consists of the basic remuneration as well as the personal situation of the jobholder.
How to apply?
In order to apply, please fill thе application form.
For more information, please visit the official web page.