Deadline: 5 May 2019
Open to: young researchers and research professionals from ACP Countries
Benefits: EUR 15,000
The EIB-GDN Program in Applied Development Finance, an innovative program created by the European Investment Bank (EIB) and Global Development Network (GDN), now in its third year, provides qualified young researchers from African, Caribbean and Pacific (ACP) regions a practical opportunity to apply their academic training to assess real-world private sector investments. Under the guidance of top international experts in evaluation and impact assessment, research professionals from ACP countries, inducted into the program through a stringent selection process, will conduct ‘deep dive’ studies of projects funded under the EIB’s Impact Financing Envelope (IFE) to deepen understanding of the EIB’s investment operations in the ACP region.
GDN is seeking to induct up to 10 research professionals from ACP countries to constitute the research team for the third cycle of the program (2019-2020). The Fellowship will be over a period of one year, beginning in September 2019.
The Fellowship is open only to nationals of ACP countries. Applications from Caribbean nationals, especially from the Dominican Republic, Jamaica, and Haiti, are especially encouraged.
Successful applicants will be inducted into the program as Candidate Fellows. They will attend a capacity- building a workshop in September 2019 at EIB headquarters in Luxembourg, where they will learn about relevant evaluation methodologies and analytical techniques and will be familiarized with the EIB and its operations. They will subsequently be tasked, over a period of one year, with carrying out deep dive studies into the results and impacts of selected projects, funded under the IFE.
Each Fellow will receive a stipend of EUR 15,000 and a research grant of up to EUR 10,000 to cover all direct and indirect costs of conducting the evaluation. GDN will provide research management, administrative and logistical support.
– Firsthand experience in the rapidly developing fields of Impact Investing and Development Finance;
– The opportunity to apply academic knowledge and training to real-world private sector development projects;
– Deepening of subject matter expertise in evaluation methodologies, with mentoring from some of the world’s leading evaluation experts;
– Working with two leading international institutions;
– Inclusion in a knowledge network which can work locally in ACP countries for national and regional development;
– Part-time commitment to excellent financial support.
In order to apply, please fill the application form.
For more information, please visit the official web page.