Deadline: 6 September 2019
Open to: ASEAN and Japanese applicants
Benefits: attractive lump-sum remuneration will be offered commensurate with experience and qualification of the candidate
The ASEAN Secretariat invites applicants for the following position Senior Programme Officer (Outreach and Monitoring) Japan-Asean Integration Fund (JAIF) Management Team.
ASEAN and Japan enjoy long years of solid and beneficial relations as “partners thinking together, acting together, and sharing a future vision” and this strategic partnership will be enduring. Japan has been a major development partner and contributor for more than three decades to the political, economic and social development of ASEAN.
JAIF aims at supporting integration efforts to create the ASEAN Community by facilitating the practical adoption of the three blueprints for the ASEAN Community, the ASEAN Political Security Community (APSC), ASEAN Economic Community (AEC), and ASEAN Socio-Cultural Community (ASCC), as well as the Initiative for ASEAN Integration Work Plan III that focuses on narrowing development gaps among ASEAN Member States and promoting greater cooperation between ASEAN and Japan.
ASEAN and the Government of Japan (GOJ) agreed to set up JAIF Management Team (JMT) at the ASEAN Secretariat (ASEC) in Jakarta in February 2011 to enhance effective utilization of JAIF in support of ASEAN Community building and integration efforts.
Specifically, the roles of the JMT include but not limited to:
1) To be a contact point for general enquiries from proponents;
2) To assist in formulating and reviewing project proposals; provide input to improve proposals on financial and procedural matters, in close coordination with proponents, the GOJ and the relevant Officers of the ASEC;
3) To monitor the progress in JAIF supported projects and keep track of the progress by updating JAIF Supported Project Matrix and JAIF database on a monthly basis; and
4) To update financial balance of JAIF on a monthly basis.
The JMT reports to the ASEAN Japan Joint Cooperation Committee Working Group (AJJCC-WG).
Duties and Responsibilities:
The SENIOR PROGRAMME OFFICER (OUTREACH AND MONITORING) shall be ASEC Senior Officerlevel position to provide general management and coordination support to the Director and Programme
Coordinators to ensure efficient and effective design and implementation of JAIF. The Senior Programme Officer will:
1. Provide operational support for overall outreach and monitoring of JAIF supported programmes/projects and activities as directed by Programme Director.
2. Assist Programme Coordinators in programme outreach and monitoring activities described in below a. & b.
a. Under the program outreach activities, Senior Programme Officer will:
b. Under the program monitoring activities, Senior Programme Officer will:
3. Draft minutes of meeting when necessary.
4. Perform other tasks as requested by Director and Programme Coordinators, as appropriate.
Qualified ASEAN and Japanese nationals are invited to apply for the advertised position.
Qualifications and Experiences:
An attractive lump-sum remuneration will be offered commensurate with experience and qualification of the candidate.
The successful candidate will initially be contracted until 31 December 2024, subject to a six-month probation period. Renewal of contract beyond 31 December 2024 will be subject to continuation of the project to be agreed by ASEAN Member States and the Government of Japan taking into account satisfactory performance of the Appointee and agreement among the Government of Japan, ASEAN Secretariat, and Appointee. Successful candidate is expected to be on-board from 1 January 2020.
Send your application to [email protected] highlighting your suitability and potential contribution to the position together with a detailed CV, including a recent passport-sized photograph and certified true copies of educational certificates obtained, and completed Employment Application Form, which can be downloaded at www.asean.org.
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Please indicate on the subject heading: Application for Senior Programme Officer for JMT. Application papers should reach the ASEAN Secretariat by 6 September 2019. The Selection Committee’s decision is final and only shortlisted candidates will be notified.