Deadline: 15 May 2019
Open to: anyone from any country in the world
Benefits: educational opportunity, certification, letter of recommendation, networking
Do you want to change the world by improving health in underserved communities? Do you want to engage yourself in a cause with a positive social impact? Do you want to be part of a health network that cares about children and youth?
Become S.H.O.U.T Online/Onsite Volunteer and be a part of a national an international network that works to improve lives in underserved communities in Haiti by providing oral health services and educational services. Whether you are a student, social worker, nurse, physician, photographer, a graphic designer, you’ll get an opportunity to become a champion and make a difference in the Haitian community.
They believe in a world where all of us a free of any oral issue that compromises our physical, social and psychological well-being. Join the diverse group of dedicated volunteers to improve others life while improving yourself. Areas of focus are:
- Outreach and education: raise awareness about our program in social media; Identify and connect the organization with potential partners to meet the need of the community; help organize and facilitate events and conferences;
- Direct Service: work as a health educator; provide dental services; refer patients to the clinics.
You’re welcome to join if you:
- Are from anywhere in the world;
- Have internet access permanently and are able to dedicate 1-2 hours per day when call upon to do so;
- Have some of those excellent computer skills such as: Operating systems (Windows, McOS); Office suites (Microsoft Offices, G suite); Presentation software (PowerPoint, Keynote); Communication tools ( Skype, Slack, Zoom); Social media (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, etc.); Spreadsheets (Excel, Google Spreadsheets, etc.);
- Have excellent public Speaking Skills;
- Are action-oriented and have a great sense of responsibility.
- Open access to all educational opportunities that fit each volunteer (Scholarships/Master, PhD, Fellowship; Training & Conferences; Jobs & Internships; Grants; Contests);
- Opportunity to develop your skills and competencies;
- Improvement of leadership skills, team-working skills, personal development skills;
- Letter of recommendation after 6 months of volunteering;
- Certification after 6 months of volunteering;
- Gaining a national an international experience and becoming part of national and International oral health and general health network.
How to apply?
If you feel that this is a great opportunity for you, send us your resume at [email protected] and let them know why are you interested to join the organization in a cover letter of no more than 300 words.
For more information, please visit the official web page.