Deadline: 1 July 2019
Open to: anyone, anywhere around the world aged 13 and older
Benefits: more than USD7.5 million in funding to Solver teams
Each year Solve seeks solutions from tech innovators around the world for its Global Challenges, and anyone can submit a solution by July 1, 2019. Finalists are invited to pitch their solutions at Solve Challenge Finals during UN General Assembly Week in New York City in September. Selected Solver teams will join a supportive community of peers, funders, and experts to help advance their work; receive mentorship and strategic advice from Solve and MIT networks; attend Solve at MIT, our annual flagship event in May; and receive access to more than USD 725,000 in prize funding for the 2019 Challenges.
In the last two years, Solve’s community has committed more than USD7.5 million in funding to Solver teams, in addition to in-kind support such as mentorship, technical expertise, media and conference exposure, and business and entrepreneurship training.
How do they CrowdSolve Global Challenges?
- Source Solutions
Solve seeks innovators around the world with solutions to our Global Challenges. Whether your solution is just a prototype, you’re running a pilot, or you’re ready to scale, we want to hear from you.
- Select Solutions
Once the submission deadline passes, judging begins. After an initial screening by Solve staff, our Challenge judges select the most promising solutions as Finalists. These Finalists will be invited to pitch their solutions live at Solve Challenge Finals, where judges will select the new Solver class.*
- Support Solutions and Partnerships
Once selected, the Solver class joins Solve’s global community of cross-sector leaders—gaining access to funding, resources, mentorship, and new connections. Resulting partnerships between our Solver class and community Members will be announced at our flagship event Solve at MIT.
Anyone, anywhere around the world aged 13 and older can submit a solution to Solve’s Challenges. You can be an individual, a team, or an organization. You can be an applicant from previous years or already part of our community. If you have a relevant solution, we hope you’ll apply.
There’s more than USD 725,000 of prize funding available for the 2019 Solver Class. If you are selected as a Solver, you’ll receive a USD 10,000 grant from Solve as well as access to significant additional prize funding.
However, being a Solver is about much more than prize funding.
You’ll receive 12 months of personalized support with intentional introductions to members of Solve’s cross-sector community. Through these connections, you’ll build the partnerships needed to accelerate your work, validate your impact and business model, and scale your solution.
When you join our MIT-backed community, you’ll:
- Complete a needs assessment to receive a customized partnerships action plan tailored to your financial and nonfinancial needs;
- Be paired with a mentor to support you as you reach your partnership goals;
- Meet and connect with investors and cross-sector leaders to create partnerships during Solve’s flagship events, additional workshops throughout the year, and via facilitated introductions. Solve’s community of members includes leading organizations such as BNP Paribas, Google, Novartis Foundation, Save the Children, and many more;
- Grow your exposure and speak at Solve Challenge Finals and Solve at MIT. These events bring together an exclusive group of 400 cross-sector leaders and prominently feature Solver teams on stage and in workshops;
- Receive strategic advice from accomplished leaders through Brain Trusts, curated working groups bringing together a mini Board of Advisors;
- Join a class of peers to share best practices and find collaboration opportunities;
- Speak and network at other Solve-facilitated public relations opportunities, including international social impact conferences. Previous Solver engagements include the World Economic Forum, Forbes 30 Under 30, UN Women, Concordia, Misk Global Forum, and the Global Education Skills Forum;
- Hone your pitch and media presentation through customized training in advance of Solve flagship events and other engagements—support that is valued at USD 15,000;
- Get the word out with global media and social media exposure. With Solve’s support, Solver teams have been featured in Fast Company, Forbes, NPR, The Associated Press, and The Boston Globe.
How to apply?
In order to apply, you must register an account.
For more information please visit the official website.