Deadline: 4 July 2021
Open to: applicants from the countries listed in the eligibility section
Benefits: competitive salary, ticket for travel between your location and the duty station and other benefits
UNDP is launching a new and exciting 2-year Graduate Programme that will equip outstanding young graduates with the skills and experience required to kick-start their career in international development, and accelerate progress towards the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), build better futures and make a positive difference in the world. They are looking for 20 outstanding, dynamic and innovative recent graduates to join UNDP’s new Graduate Programme.
– Do you have a relevant Master’s degree with not more than one year of relevant work experience acquired after this degree, or a relevant Bachelor’s degree with between 2 and 3 years of relevant work experience acquired after this degree?
– Do you dream of working in international development with UNDP?
– Are you ready to contribute to sustainable development and the eradication of poverty?
– Are you ready to live and work in another country than your home country for two years?
– Are you a national of a country in which UNDP works to promote the Sustainable Development Goals
– Do you have experience in one or more of the following: sustainable development, gender, youth empowerment, data analysis, project management, monitoring and evaluation, partnerships, innovation and creative design, finance, or procurement.
If you answered yes to all the above questions, they encourage you to apply to the UNDP Graduate Programme. In particular, they are encouraging women and/or individuals from minority groups, indigenous peoples, and persons with disabilities to apply. Graduates who are the first generation in their family to attend university are also strongly encouraged to apply.
Master’s degree in a relevant field (with not more than 1 year of relevant work experience acquired after this degree).
Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field (with a minimum of 2 years of relevant work experience and not more than 3 years acquired after this degree).
One of your degrees (Master’s or Bachelor’s degree) should be from one of the countries where UNDP works to promote the Sustainable Development Goals.
We encourage applications from a wide range of relevant degree courses:
– To be eligible for the programme and policy stream, you will likely have graduated in one or more of the following areas: political science, public administration, international relations, development studies, economics, statistics, data management, environmental science or a related field.
– For the corporate operations stream, you will likely have graduated in one or more of the following areas: business or public administration, finance, law, procurement or supply chain management, economics, data management, or a related field.
They are looking for engaged young individuals who match UNDP’s values:
– Mutual Respect
– Results Orientation (Through Principled Performance)
You may also have worked to make an impact at community, provincial or national level (including in civil society, government, NGOs, IGOs or individually).
You must be able to demonstrate that you are able to work effectively in English in a professional context.
For some positions, a working knowledge of French, Arabic or Spanish may be a strong asset.
Please note that for this 2021 cohort, the application and selection process will be conducted in English. You are required to complete your application in English.
You must be a national of one of the countries where UNDP works to support the Sustainable Development Goals. Nationals from the countries listed below are particularly encouraged to apply:
Algeria, Angola, Azerbaijan, Bahrain, Botswana, Cambodia, Cape Verde, Chad, Central African Republic, Comoros, Cook Islands, Congo (Rep. of), Djibouti, Eswatini, Equatorial Guinea, Fiji, Gabon, Guinea Bissau, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Kazakhstan, Kiribati, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Malawi, Maldives, Marshall Islands, Mauritius, Micronesia, Montenegro, Mozambique, Myanmar, Namibia, Nauru, Niue, Papua New Guinea, Republic of Palau, Samoa, Sao Tome & Principe, Seychelles, Solomon Islands, Somalia, South Sudan, Syria, Tanzania, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Tokelau, Tonga, Turkmenistan, Tuvalu, Vanuatu, Yemen.
– A one-year international professional entry-level contract (renewable for a second year on demonstrating good performance).
– A competitive salary.
– Ticket for travel between your location and the duty station.
– Paid annual leave.
– Paid sick leave.
– Health and disability insurance.
For more information please visit the official website.