Open to: applicants above 18 who are currently enrolled as a Junior or higher or graduated within the last 6 months from an accredited college/university and have a minimum GPA of 3.3
Venue: Glendale, California, United States
“We make magic.” That’s their motto at Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. And it permeates everything we do. At Disney, you’ll help inspire that magic by enabling our teams to push the limits of entertainment and create the never-before-seen!
Walt Disney Imagineering is the master planning, creative development, design, engineering, production, project management, and research and development arm of The Walt Disney Company. Its talented corps of Imagineers is responsible for the creation – from concept initiation through installation – of all Disney Resorts, theme parks and attractions, real estate developments, cruise ships, regional entertainment venues, and new media projects. Imagineering is headquartered in Glendale, California, with affiliated offices and facilities at Walt Disney World in Orlando, Florida; as well as satellite branches at every Disney theme park location around the world.
The intern will be responsible for maintaining financial reports, monitoring and controlling costs and budgets, tracking commitments both internal and 3rd party consultants and contractors, preparing budgets and performing financial sensitivity analysis where appropriate. The intern will assist in the development and monitoring of key internal controls, and develop working relationships with internal customers and understand their core business.
- Ability to work in a flexible team environment including functional groups outside of the department;
- Organized individual with initiative willing to take a creative approach and work on assigned projects independently;
- Exceptional verbal and written communication, presentation and interpersonal skills;
- Experience with creative thinking and fast turnaround production;
- Ability to develop and interpret financial models;
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and work with deadlines;
- Demonstrated computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- SAP experience;
- Business Intelligence Software (Microsoft PowerBI, Tableau, etc.).
- Currently enrolled as a Junior or higher or graduated within the last 6 months from an accredited college/university, earning a Bachelor’s degree in Business, Accounting, Finance or other business/quantitative equivalent;
- Recent graduates or current student of junior or senior standing willing to commit to six month internship.
- Must be enrolled in a college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within the past six (6) months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship;
- Must be at least 18 years of age;
- Must not have completed one year of continuous employment on a Disney internship or program;
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization;
- Must provide full-time work availability for 6 months from June 2019 through January 2020;
- Must provide own housing and transportation to/from work location in Glendale, CA.
How to apply?
In order to apply, you must register an account.
For more information, please check the official website.